Question
Posted by: MK | 2006/11/01

TB & pregnancy

I am 8 weeks pregnant (2nd child) and 36 years old. I found out that my garden boy who works one day a week, has TB. I take him home after work, because he stays quite far and is not too young anymore. Is there any risk for me and/or the fetus and also my 6yr old son who goes with, being in such a small space, if only for about 20 minutes? My son is up to date with his innoculations. I haven't had any since school. I struggled to get pregnant and had a miscarriage and don't want to risk anymore than I should with this pregnancy.

If he is on treatment for more than 2 weeks, he will not be infectious.
If you were in contact before treatment started, you and your family should be screened with chest X-rays. TB would not affect the fetus.

1
Posted by: Lou | 2006/11/01

Go to your gynae and tell him this and let him put your mind to rest and do a check up.

Reply to Lou