Question
Posted by: Karen | 2005/11/23

TB Meningitis

Good morning Doctor

I did a search in the archives but couldn't find anything on the above.

My 21 year old son was diagnosed with TB meningitis 10 days ago. He seems to be improving and should be discharged from hospital on Friday. My question is, is it the medication he is taking that is making him despressed, lethargic and sometimes agitated and confused?

When he is realeased, he will be on medication for another 6 months, will he still be as I described over this period?

Thanking you in advance.

Karen, the symptoms are probably due to the meningitis and this should clear up within a couple of weeks, so don’t worry too much about it. Good luck.