Question
Posted by: Cassy | 2004/09/23

TB & Bones

My mother recently found that she has TB which attacks the bones. We were all surprised by this because we had never heard of such a condition. Can you please give me more information on how one contracts this disease & the diet recommended for this.

Please help.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Cassie
There is no specific diet for TB of the bones and it is treated with the same drugs that Tb of the lung is treated with. TB does not only attack the lung, it can affect every organ in the body.
It gets contracted in the same way as lung TB i.e. sputum.
Tereza

2
Posted by: Smasha | 2004/10/26

My brother had TB and took treatment for it.Now all of a sudden he has lost use of his leg since Sunday 24 October.What is the cause and what can help, dear Doc

Reply to Smasha
Posted by: Smasha | 2004/10/26

My brother had TB and took treatment for it.Now all of a sudden he has lost use of his leg since Sunday 24 October.What is the cause and what can help, Dear DOC.

Reply to Smasha