Posted by: Bambi | 2008/09/16

I am concerened about my symptoms. I have this constant cough for the past 10 weeks, been to dr. 4x times, got antibiotics and meds, as I was informed that the flue this year is very bad and comes with a cough that stays for weeks. I dont feel sick, I dont have chestpains, i dont know of anyone with TB coming close to me, I just have this mucus cough. I also have itchy skin (back of my legs behind the knee). Should I be concerened and see the doc again, as this costs me a fortune to see dr every week? but im concerend for TB

Dear Bambi
You can have a free TB screening x/ray at your local municipal clinic if you are worried, or ask your doctor to just send you for a chest x/ray to be sure. Tb usually causes weight loss and night sweats but any persistant cough needs to be followed up. One can pick up TB anywhere - in the supermarket or the mall, if your immunity is low!
The itchy skin could be an eczema - try Stopitch cream?