Question
Posted by: kate | 2008/01/18

TB

HI I POST THIS TO THE PAEDIATRICIAN BUT GOT NO ANSWER PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME MY SON IS SIX YEARS OLD WHILE HE WAS ON HOLIDAY AND LITTLE GIRL SHE IS MAYBE 3 OR 4 KISSED HIM ON THE MOUTH AND SHE WAS DROOLING. I LATER FOUND OUT THAT SHE HAS TB SHOULD I BE WORRIED. I AM SO SCARED. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Dear Kate

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Tuberculosis is a droplet infection. Therefore, children do not normally transfer the disease to each other. Children usually get the disease from an adult who is infected and coughing profusely. If you are worried, you can take your son to the closest clinic for a TB test. Personally I will not be concerned.

Kind regards