Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2006/07/31

TB

HI, my husband and i flew up to PE to be with his brother who was involved in a car accident, while we were there his brother was diagnosed with TB along with everything else and immediately moved to a private room, my concern is that before that both him and i had contact with his brother without the "masks and gowns" on. How contagious is TB and what would the signs be as both my husband and I now have flu? This was about 2 weeks ago now?

Dear Concerned
TB spreads when people have close contact for a period of time and does not give any symptoms until late in the disease - sweats at night, coughing and weightloss the most common.