Question
Posted by: CuriousMe | 2004/11/11

Tavanic 500mg Tablets

I've very recently met a new girl and found 10 tavanic 500mg tablets with her.

She said that is was prescribed for a urinary infection, but I found out that it can also be used to treat Chlamydia Trachomatis or Neisseria Gonorrhoea infections.

I have no reason to be suspicious but just want to know if a GP would prescribe 10 Tavanic 500mg Tablets (one daily) for a normal urinary infection? Or if not a normal urinary infection, for what type urinal infections? (Apparently she has no history for urinary infections as this is a first.) What could cause such an infection?

Expert ImagePharmacist

CM,

Give the poor girl a chance - If someone is taking an antidepressant it does not mean that he/she is a serialkiller.

Tavanic is a very broad spectrum antibiotic that can be used for a variety of infections including sinusitis, UTI's, chest infections and even skin infections. The manufacturer specify that Tavanic is effective for a variety of complicated urinary tract infections. The dosage that she is taking may be a bit high, but if that is the way her GP wants her to use it, let it be.

1
Posted by: mitch | 2004/11/23

Please give me some info on this medication.I have fibromyalga and this med has been prescribed.I have also heard that this med is highly addictive.
I take.5mg every night and cannot fall asleep without it.I am on tramasit and 10mg trpiline at night.Thanks.

Reply to mitch