Question
Posted by: tes | 2004/10/19

Taste in mouth during pregnancy

I have this terrible taste in my mouth the whole day long. If I really have to describe it, it would be that it taste like tin, metal, etc. Whatever I eat, as soon as I'm finished, the taste returns. I'm not drinking any vitamins at the moment because I'm 8 weeks pregnant and it makes me nausious. All I take is Folic Acid, nothing else. Do you know what is the cause of this and what I can do to make it go away???

Abnormal tastes do happen in pregnancy and should settle down

1
Posted by: DB | 2004/10/19

Hi Tes, I am now 25 weeks, and had the same awfull taste until about 16/17 weeks. After that it went away, and it become great to be pregnant. I found that cutting out sugar helped a bit with the bad taste, but it never went away.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reply to DB