Question
Posted by: Bossie | 2005/11/28

Taste in mouth

I have a real strange taste in my mouth at the back of my tongue. It is almost like a iron taste. Nothing I eat tastes good and the taste won't go away even after I've brushed my teeth. Sometimes it also feels like a tingling sensation on my tongue. What can I do to make the taste go away. It's been going on for almost 2 weeks.

Bossie, the most common reason for a metallic taste is some form of medicine that you’re taking. It might also be due to an infection of the mouth or even sinusitis. It will be very difficult to say what the problem is from this side of the screen. The best would be to try and figure whether it is associated with certain foods or drugs and to then avoid them. The next step would be to see your doctor. Good luck.