Posted by: Vee | 2008/11/27

TARA and helping a Biploar Sufferer


My girlfriend was diognosed with biploar in June this year. She has been on anti-depressents since the age of 16 and has always had trouble since the age of 12.

She is on Epilim, Seroquel and Lictim (something like that). She is currently on a down due to alot of life stresses and expressed suicidal thoughts to me last night. I know her mood isn' t my fault or even really have anything to do with me.

I' ve been reading on the forum about TARA and getting cheap meds. We can get Epilim for R100 from the government hospital but that other two are available from there. Could TARA help with supplying these meds cheaply? And if so how do I get hold of them.

Also are there any active support groups in DBN where ppl meet face to face with each other and have discussions? I feel I need to get her to talk to people who have the same illness so that she can see that she isn' t so alone...


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Lictim -- Lamictin ? Sounds like that would be a sensible choice. Whether Tara can help with specific meds at a good price, only Tara can tell you. I don't know. Why not call Tara and ask ? And if you're based in Durban, maybe there's a local source which could help in the same way.
Call the Anxiety/Depression Support Group, SADAG ( number on this page ) as they know of support groups, and should have some in Durban as well as Joburg. You're quite right that such groups can indeed be helpful, if well run

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: ma | 2008/11/28

try the Wentworh hospital in durban or King Edward in Spencer Road in Sydenham, they deal with these case' s there is also one going to Newlands East on the right Hand side but call the Wentworth Hos and find out my sister attends there and gets all her meds free.

Reply to ma

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.