Question
Posted by: Sweetypie | 2004/09/29

Tanning in sun-Bad during pregnancy?

Is it safe to sun bathe during pregnancy?i am currently 19weeks pregnant and would like to allow my tummy to tan in the sun as it is quite bleek.And take some pictures when it is well tanned and big.Will the sun harm the baby?

My tummy is also still very small.Nobody else can even notice i am pregnant.Is this anything to worry about?

Nope. You can tan in moderate amounts. As long as you do not get sick from it

3
Posted by: Sweetypie | 2004/09/30

THx ladies!Suppose we should be thankfull for caring small hey Francis

Reply to Sweetypie
Posted by: Kate | 2004/09/30

The odd bit of sun is not going to harm you or your baby. However, you must bear in mind that women are prone to skin pigmentation during pregnancy and this pigmentation will not necessarily go away after pregnancy.

During pregnancy it is essential to care for your skina nd keep it out of the sun. Remember to wear a hat whilst outdoors 'tanning'. The last thing you want is dark marks all over your body that won't go away. That would be more "bleek" than a pale tummy.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Francis | 2004/09/30

Hi Sweetypie

I know sunbeds are not good for your baby, but if you go to swim etc and tan then I don't think that would be a problem. Just remember that when your body tempature goes up it is not good for your unborn baby.

I think rather stay away this summer and get use the the "white tummy". I normally also go on sunbed every year and this year I have to be white in the middle of the summer...

My tummy is now starting to grow. I can see my tummy clearly, but I also can hide my tummy very easy. I am 19 weeks today. I can feel my little one move, but was also worried untill I went for my check up last week and all was well. Baby is fine and are very active.

Don't panic, I think we have to be very lucky not to cary big from day one. The hot summer days are around the corner and then we need "small" tummies.

Reply to Francis