Question
Posted by: dee | 2008/01/11

Tanning

A Question. I am fair skinned, and therefore VERY careful but I do like a tan.I do the gradual bit, 15 min moving up slowly. My question is this, I can tan all over except my legs. The top part of my body is brown, but my legs are white, not even a tinge of pink. I am now only tanning my legs as I do not want to tan the rest of my body. I sit in the sun for up to 2hours with tanning oil and not a spot of tan, can you answer the question WHY?

Dear Lee

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

There is no specific medical reason for this and is due to the lack of response of the melanosites in the legs. Keep on tanning responsibly.

Kind regards