Question
Posted by: curious | 2004/11/17

tampons stop period prematurely

It appears that when I use tampons my period goes away much faster than it usually does. It looks like I should use sanitary towels at least half the time to prevent this. It happened once that my period just stopped and then started a week too early the next time. Could this be the case or am I just imagining it? What is going wrong? What should I do?

Thanks.

Tampons absorb the blood as it comes out of the cervix, whereas pads need the blood to get all the way down the vagina, which can take several hours especially att he end when there is not much bleeding. Thus the period appears to last a shorter time with tampons, but is actually the same amount of bleeding. Tampons will not affect your cycle.

1
Posted by: vanes | 2004/11/18

I have a question about the pads. I heard that you should at least sleep with a pad, because it is unhealthy to wear a tampon the whole time. Is this true? Do I need to give it a rest an wear pads at night?

Reply to vanes