Question
Posted by: Uninformed | 2004/11/10

Tampons

How do you use a tampon, I've never used it. What happens if you urinate, does it not fall out? Is it more effective than a pad?

Hope Eunice has helped you.

2
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/12

Because the tampon has a little string on the end that you ue to pull it out, when you urinate this little string gets wet and can smell after a while, so it is advisable to change your tampon every time you go to the toilet. Also to prevent infections. There is thing called toxic shock syndrome which is essentially poisoning of your insides caused by keeping the tampon in too long.

Reply to Jj@
Posted by: Eunice | 2004/11/11

1. You don't urinate from the vagina, so it does not get wet or fall out when you urinate.

2. The use of tampons is a personal thing, every opinion differs. For me personally, it's more hygienic, safer to use and easier to dispose of.

3. If it's your first time, I would suggest you buy Lillets - they have a pamphlet in the box with detailed instructions on the insertion and removal of your tampon, as well as a couple of tips on the use of tampons. There's a new range on the market with a gel sachet for added lubrication, another with a dispensible inserter, and multi-packs with different sizes (which I found the most economic, since your flow varies from beginning to end). You'll have to experiment with the different kinds until you find one that suits you best.

Hope this answers your questions? Good luck!

Reply to Eunice