Question
Posted by: Confused | 2004/01/23

Talking in his sleep.

Whenever my boyfriend and i seem to be going through a bad patch, sometime's he talk's in his sleep.Only problem is he talk's to me and say's horrible thing's and swear's at me.His tone of voice is almost as if he loathe's me.Even if he is talking in his sleep i can't help but wonder if he's actually awake saying these thing to me thinking that im alseep.The next day he never remember's what he dreamt about.This is just to strange to me...I need a proffessional opinion.Pls help...

C, people usually don't remember the content of dreams, except sometimes for the dreams they're having immediately before they wake up. Sleep talking can happen ( like sleep-walking ) and is often not particularly clear or easy to understand, nor paticularly clearly connected to the situation they are in. I don't see how it would help him to say nasty things to you, pretending to be asleep, in case you were actually asleep, when you'd miss it all and he'd be wasting his time. It sounds all awfully roundabout as a way to suggest he's angry with you about something. And is he using your name, clearly and repeatedly, so that whatever he says is definitely addressed to you, or is he just blurting out angry things, and you're assumign that they're addressed to you ?

3
Posted by: Soul | 2004/01/23

Then maybe you should wait until his said everything he wants to say and then confront him as soon as his done put the light on when you do this you can tell if his been sleeping or not, my quess is it's all an act.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Confused | 2004/01/23

Thanx for u msg.I did that the other night....half asleep i asked what he said to me and he mumbled something like shut-up.For all i know he was pretending and didnt expect me to talk back.

Reply to Confused
Posted by: Doddy | 2004/01/23

He is not talking in his sleep he is actually awake. He is just not brave enough to confront u. When ever he start talking in his sleep, answer him in a bad way and also pretend like u r sleeping.

Reply to Doddy