Question
Posted by: Karen | 2005/07/20

Taking the pill with High Blood Pressure

I am a 25 year old woman and I would like to start taking the pill, I would like to find out some facts first.
I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol which I am treating with Ziak 2.5mg and Adco-Simvastatin 10mg. I heard that going on the pill if you suffer from these symptoms can increase your chance of a stroke !! Is this true ??
Is there a pill that you could recommend ? Or should I go to a clinic and have them advise me.
I am wanting to use the pill for birht control and to regulate my period.

Thank you.

Karen, you should first find out why you have high blood pressure at such a young age. The specialist to help you with this is a specialist physician and seeing him would be the best before you do anything else. He will also be able to advice you on the best form of contraception. Good luck.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2005/07/20

I take all three (that is bp medication, Lipitor - for cholesterol and also Melodene also for regulation of my periods and prevention of ovary cysts which I had a few years ago and nobody has told me there is a problem taking all three - my GP knows I'm taking Melodene and he prescribed my bp and my cholesterol medication.

Reply to anxious