Question
Posted by: Rhonda | 2006/11/15

TAKING NUZAK WHILE BREASTFEEDING

I am 30 weeks pregnant and my gynae prescribed Nuzak for depression (only just started taking it) which she indicated i should take until 6 months after the birth. From the info i can find on the web it seems to be safe during pregnancy, however, I found very conflicting findings on taking fluoxetine while breastfeeding. Is it safe and is there any reliable conclusive literature on this. Please help as I am feeling very confused.

There are occasional reports of colic and irritability in breastfed babies whose mothers use Prozac, but by and large, it is pretty safe. emember that depression has effects on the baby too.

1
Posted by: Purple | 2006/11/15

The best person to ask is a pharmacist. They will know exactly how much will be in your breastmilk, what the side effects are etc.

I took Cilift (the generic of cypromol) while breastfeeding.

Reply to Purple