Question
Posted by: Ghost33 | 2007/03/20

TAKE 5 - Being Gay Disability

Hey forum,

Whilst chanel hopping last night, I came across this programme called Take 5 or something. They were debating Gay and Lesbian issues. The one guy on the panel had the nerve to call us Gay's as having a Disability and it must be declared as such.
Did any of you saw the program? I did not really follow the debate.

Have a gr8 day and lovely Holiday tomorrow.

Hugs
Ghost33

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Ghost33, welcome to the forum and thanks for this post. I missed the programme but do you think it should have been allowed in the interests of free speech, or did it constitute hate speech? If you were to replace the issue of sexual orientation with the topic of race - would it have been broadcast?

3
Posted by: Confused | 2007/03/20

I don't think we are disabled. In fact, we can do anything just as well and better than others can. Some straight people have a disability to think for themselves that can be called either prejudice or indifferance. Both of these are mental handicaps that turn people into loud, hearing deaf and seeing blind assholes. So according to me, that guy has that disability.
We have come a long way in SA, but seems we've still ot a long way to go.
;-)

Reply to Confused
Posted by: Nikki | 2007/03/20

Hi Ghost33

That guy is partly right. Gay is a disability

It disables heterosexuals from being able to understand, respect and tolerate !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it should be officially listed then homophobia can be treated ;)

xxxxxxx
Nikki

Reply to Nikki
Posted by: Rade | 2007/03/20

Only people who are insecure about themselves would make remarks like that.
Its worth an ignore.

Reply to Rade