Question
Posted by: DOVE | 2008/06/11

Tailbone Pain

Hi Doc,

I have had awful pain in the coccyx area for the past 6 months. I went to my medical Dr. and it was dismissed. I went to a gastro specialist and he suggested it may be allergy related. He said that because of my congestion (allergy) I'm swallowing air somehow and it's settling in my backside. I'm not sure how allergies and this pain is related.He also checked sphincter muscle and said that I have some symptoms of IBS. It is extremely painful to sit for more than a few minutes and the same when I have to get up from the sitting position. I have had no prior injury to this area. Please share your opinion.

Yours truly, "a pain in the backside"

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Perhaps you should request and X/Ray examination of the sacro-coccygeal region..........