Question
Posted by: Ruan | 2006/04/10

tai chi VS Yoga

HI

Which is better ? taichi or yoga...I read somewhere that
yoga is stillness which represents death and taichi is motion which represents life....what do the experts say ?

Ruan

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Ruan - I don't think I would say that either is better, especially when you bear in mind that there are many different styles and approaches in yoga so you can't universally compare "yoga" as a distinct unit. I have only done a few months of tai chi practise but would say that the disciplines are very similar in terms of encouraging a breath-focussed in-the-moment concentration. Both use movement to achieve stillness, which in turn enhances life so my recommendation is to try them out and see what works for you, your body and your mind.
Good luck.
Chris