Question
Posted by: Clarion | 2008/01/10

Tai Chi Classes

Hi There

I have been doing Tai Chi for the last 4 or so years and am looking for a new instructor. I am looking for someone who embodies both the spiritual and physical aspects of the art.
I live in Kyalami Midrand, so someone in the North of Jo'burg would probably be best. Do you know of anyone who might fit the description?

Expert ImageTai Chi expert

Hi Clarion,

Sky gave you some sound advice. If you are comfortable and happy with your current Instructor then stay there. It is always difficult in general classes to get too involved in the spiritual aspect as it has various levels and variables to it. In Tai Chi one will explore ones one spiritual world by becoming one with your movements, your breathing and your thoughts/mind which is also known as a state of Sung. This is a personal experience and one cannot be told on how to do this besides basic concepts and guidelines to assist you. You can already start achievning this like i said by focussing your mind on your breath, movement and exploring how your body/mind is feeling and focussing.

FI you still want details on other groups in your area then please contact our headquarters at Cell 083 226 11576 or (031) 903 7616 or email aileen@sataichi.org

Kindest Regards
Morne
www.sataichi.org

1
Posted by: sky | 2008/01/22

It may sound odd but if you have completed 4 years you will have completed the most popular forms and should be adept at empty hand and sword by now.It is said there are as many forms of tai chi as there are family names in China as each major family adapted the form to themselves.Which ever form you use, whether it be chen,yang or any other, you may do well to focus the spiritual on what you know and reach that perfection until you find that which you need to progress.Remember that everything happens as it should and your spiritual journey should constantly evolve in or out of tai chi.Perfect what you know.Learn the discipline of the mind.

Reply to sky