Question
Posted by: Tai Chi - Centurion | 2008/06/11

Tai Chi (Chuan) Yang - Centurion

Anyone interested to attend tai chi classes in Centurion........

It's been about one year since I joined the Dong Ching Tai Chi School in Centurion. The disciple followed by this school is Tai Chi Chuan (Yang style). The Chief Instructor (sifu) is of chinese background and classes are provided in English. Classes are kept small and can be attended twice a week in the mornings or evenings.

Most people refer to tai chi as 'meditation in movement'. This is because the movements are subtle and slow, any age group can benefit from this discipline.

The health benefits are tremendous - tai chi assist with high blood pressure, circulation problems, stiffness of the body, stress, etc. The blood pressure of one gentleman practising tai chi with us went down from 140/100 to 122/78.

Should you be interested in attending an excellent tai chi class in centurion, kindly call Rita on 082 429 9711 for more information.

Expert ImageTai Chi expert

Great to hear that everyone is enjoying their Tai Chi! And as you made it clear it is of utmost importance that one trains with a qualified, recognised Instructor.

Keep up the good work in Centurion.

Kindest Regards
Morne
www.SATaiChi.org

3
Posted by: c | 2008/09/03

Where in centurion is classes being given

Reply to c | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Marika | 2013/08/14

Classes are on a Monday and Wednesday morning and evening at the Lyttelton Sports Centre in Kruger Avenue.

Posted by: mynah | 2008/06/21

Have to agree on that - I had joint, blood pressure and balance problems which improved tremendously after I took up Tai Chi. Great thing about it is that you don't have to be in perfect health to take it up - if you have a medical problem or you are not so young, your programme can be adapted.

I haven't been to other Tai Chi schools, but I'm also at Dong Ching in Centurion, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that the school standard is highly regarded, even among masters from China.

Reply to mynah