Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2006/11/07

Tae Boe

I was thinking of getting the billy blanks tae boe dvds, was wondering what you think of this?

Will it help in me losing weight?

Hi Wondering

I think it's pretty good, provided it gets used effectively.

THe big problem or possible risk of trying to train at home, is that the convenience factor makes it quite easy to simply pass up the opportunity to train. It's very easy to give it a miss, and it's also easy for boredom to set in. In my experience, the actual process of going to the gym, getting prepared, meeting other people and being inspired by them, is part of the reason why people keep going. I'm not sure of numbers, but I can't see that many people will successfully do 5 days a week of videos in their own home for months, which is basically what you want to do if you want to achieve weight loss.

Not that I am saying it won't work, I'm sure it will, but for practicalities' sake, I would suggest that you use Taebo as part of, rather than the focus of your training.

In otherwords, consider doing something like walking or jogging outside as a means to get some variety in the training. If you alternate, you're likely to get more involved and sustain the training.

1
Posted by: Kim | 2006/11/09

Hi wondering!
I do Thaiboxing at a Mauy Thai club twice a week - as these classes are focused on fitness technique of Mauy Thai.
This is in Cape Town, Parkalnds. But if you live somewhere else, look around for any sort of thaiboxing club. Its GREAT for fitness as you're on your toes for a full hour and also helps woth toning as we do kick/punches and a 15min sesion at the end of class of squash, situps and push-ups. Good luck and HAVE FUN! oh - i have lost 3kgs in 6weeks

Reply to Kim