Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2008/06/19

tact

Hi. I have a problem regarding tact. I have none and therefore often get on the wrong side of people. I say things the way they are instead of 'sugaring' them up. How can I learn to be tactful? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Its not a question of sugaring things up, but of thinking before you speak, and thinking about the person you are talking to, so as to be able to avoid being unnecessarily and unfairly hurtful. Also, remember, much of this is your opinion, rather than "the way things are". Be like the guy who couldn't think of what to say when people thust a smelly, wrinkly little baby at him, and hit on saying : "Gosh --- now THERE's a baby !" And they were satisfied

1
Posted by: T | 2008/06/19

you shouldnt sugar anything up, just think it through before you say something. sometimes we get aggitated other times we just dont think, sometimes we are impulsive. it takes time to change habits. it can be very frustrating for both you and the person that you are talking to. think things through before you say it

Reply to T