Question
Posted by: Natie | 2004/11/11

TABLET TO DRY UP BREASTMILK

Could you please tell me whether there is a tablet available to dry up my breastmilk. My baby will be 9months soon and he is on the bottle as well, but i want to stop breastfeeding him. Could you please give me the name of the tablet that i can get or should i go to my nearest clinic.

Expert ImagePharmacist

N,

There are tablets available to help. Lactosec is a tablet that you can buy over the counter from any pharmacy (you'll need one tablet three times a day for six days = 18 Tablets in total), or you can ask your doctor at the clinic to prescribe you Parlodel, a prescription item also used to inhibit lactation.

1
Posted by: Joyce | 2015/12/06

I do not have a child, but my breast has been producing water for years now. I have taken parlodel, it stops but when ever my man sucks my nipple, the milk starts coming out. Pls what do i do?

Reply to Joyce