Posted by: Natie | 2004/11/11


Could you please tell me whether there is a tablet available to dry up my breastmilk. My baby will be 9months soon and he is on the bottle as well, but i want to stop breastfeeding him. Could you please give me the name of the tablet that i can get or should i go to my nearest clinic.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagePharmacist


There are tablets available to help. Lactosec is a tablet that you can buy over the counter from any pharmacy (you'll need one tablet three times a day for six days = 18 Tablets in total), or you can ask your doctor at the clinic to prescribe you Parlodel, a prescription item also used to inhibit lactation.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Joyce | 2015/12/06

I do not have a child, but my breast has been producing water for years now. I have taken parlodel, it stops but when ever my man sucks my nipple, the milk starts coming out. Pls what do i do?

Reply to Joyce

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.