Posted by: Azzy | 2008/08/26

Tablet to assist in falling pregnant

Hi Doc

My GP put me on the pill about 5 years ago due to my bad skin and hormone imbalance. I am since married and we would like to start trying to have a baby. I know that the window period is 3 months for the pill to leave the body and i have been off for 2 months now. My GP did advise me that there was a pill I could take to assis in falling preganant. Do you know what pill it is and is it safe to be taking such a pill ?

Many Thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

There is no reason to take any pill unless there is a specific problem. You should take folate while trying to conceive. This helps prevent spina bifida in the baby.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Azzy | 2008/09/01

Thank You so much to Lynn, Ms, Nads and the gynea doc for your help and kind words of inspiration ! I am off to get my folic tablets now !

Have a great day !

Reply to Azzy
Posted by: Lynn | 2008/08/28

I will also advise folic acid. I used it and now am pregnant.

Reply to Lynn
Posted by: ms | 2008/08/27


Speak to your dr about Clomid.

Reply to ms
Posted by: Nads | 2008/08/27

Hi Azzy

I' m also trying to fall pregnant, I' ve been adviced that the pill works immediatly out of the system where the injection takes up to 6 months. They said that after leaving the pill and you are trying to conceive, that the first month you have 15% of conceiving and it increases by 15% each month. Start taking folic acid before you try to conceive as it helps and also take it while being pregnant as it protects the baby. A fertility doctor told me that if I want to try to conceive earlier and also try for twins I must use a ovulation kit to see when I ovulate and know when I really need to have intercourse with my husband to increase chances. Just remember to relax and have fun trying to conceive. Good luck to you and hopefully you' ll have good news soon!!!

Reply to Nads

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.