Question
Posted by: Nelia | 2007/03/27

TAB

Dietdoc, thank you for your response to my TAB question earlier. I would just like to correct you on one thing: TAB does not have cafeine, Coke Light does, that's why I also drink only TAB and no other fizzy drinks. Does it mean that, in theory, my 4-year old can drink a can of TAB per day? (In reality I would like to give her TAB when we go to restaurants, or once over weekends, as it seems to be the ultimate treat to her).

Dear Nelia
Yes I realised that I made a big boo-boo. Sorry about that. I never drink any version of Coke (standard or Light) or Tab, so I tend to forget which one contains what. I reckon that your lassie can have the odd can of Tab once in awhile, but not a can a day as the expert groups who declared aspartame safe last year did say that people should use it in moderation and a can a day is quite a lot of aspartame (and other sweeteners which may be added to the product) for a 4-year-old. However you can also try her on sparkling fruit juices which she should also find pleasant.

7
Posted by: srudent | 2007/04/14

Dear Dr

We must do a project about oros...can u please hlp us and tell me what u think about it. Is it healty or not?

Reply to srudent
Posted by: G | 2007/03/27

Agie, I think you have fallen prey to the clever marketing unscrupulous companies such as the one that advertises Oros use ... similar to Kellogs!!

Reply to G
Posted by: Information | 2007/03/27

Cause Oros has got sugar in it and Tab not, and sugar is bad for your teeth! Oros also tightens their chest

Reply to Information
Posted by: Agie | 2007/03/27

Why do you think TAB is better than OROS??? Oros has vitamines and is meant for kids! TAB has acid and can not be healthy.

Reply to Agie
Posted by: Information | 2007/03/27

Oros is more bad for you teeth than TAB

Tab is a very good choice, keep on doing it

Reply to Information
Posted by: Nelia | 2007/03/27

Dear Aggie,I don't insist on giving my child TAB. We lead a very healthy lifestyle. She loves vegetables and fruit, gets a small portion of sweets or cookies on a weekend, drinks a lot of water, and if she drinks fruit juice (which is, with Oros, as bad for teeth!), we dilute it 50/50 with water. It's just that, possibly influenced by friends, and unfortunately seen as birthday parties, she sees drinking Coke as a great treat - more than sweets or chocolate! So when we go out to a restaurant, and I order TAB for myself, she wants to have some. So my question to Dietdoc was just whether that odd drink of TAB would be harmful. So that I can give her this treat once in a while.

Reply to Nelia
Posted by: Agie | 2007/03/27

why do you insist on giving your child TAB??? why don't you just stick to something healthier (for her teath and general health!) like Oros or fruit juice! have you seen what the acid in any fizzy drink does to your teeth???

Reply to Agie