Question
Posted by: Crashruin | 2007/02/23

Synesthesia - Touch/Smell

Synesthesia

I read the article about Synesthesia. I have had many experiences where if I touch something, it is a if I smell it (especially metallic objects or dusty objects). This even when I have a cold and can not smell a thing with my nose. Could this be related to synesthesia or might I have the same receptors present in a nose, present in my fingertips?

No, you're surely describing a variety of synaesthesia ; nobody has nasal or smell receptors on their fingertips. Think seriously about how horrible that could be, if that were possible.