Question
Posted by: Curious and worried | 2005/12/06

Symptoms of WHAT?!?!

I have been battling for a while with constant abdominal pain and swelling, nausea, heartburn etc. I've been diagnosed with "reflux disease", however the medication does not relieve any of the symptoms, even less the excessive bloating and gas. Also included in my long list of complaints is lower back pain, glandular pain especially in the pelvic area,nausea, tiredness, variation between diarrhea and constipation, and worst of all unexplained weight gain (I nibble on healthy foods all through the day to try and prevent eating a full plate as that has me looking 9 months pregnant within 3 minutes,,,) The reason I'm writing to you is that in the last two months I have also started having a cycle of two weeks. In between the periods I have a yellowy watery discharge to the extent that I constantly use tampons. I am not sexually active and have not been for 14 months. Recently a STD's test showed me in the clear. I'm 37 years of age and have two teenaged children, born when I was 21 and 23. I do not have a medical aid and as such would like to know what to expect or be on the lookout for. Can you help?

Irregular periods and a watery discharge could indicate a problem with the uterus or cervix. You will have to see a doctor to make a diagnosis.

2
Posted by: Curious and worried | 2005/12/15

I have gone to see my GP (again!), and this time I got some possible answers. I was diagnosed with a spastic colon at an early age, and therefore we know that the current sypmtoms are above and beyond that. I am supposed to go for a CA125 bloodtest, as she wants to rule out ovarian cancer. I have done some reading and, although I know that these symptoms can also be from any other condition, it frightens me that I have ALL the symptoms mentioned in all the articles read. The articles also state that the CA125 test does not give a very accurate diagnosis and should be coupled with a transvaginal ultrasound. Where can I find out what the costs involved would be, as I am financially in deep poo but know that this is important to do....

Reply to Curious and worried
Posted by: Dee | 2005/12/07

You may have irratible bowel syndrome. Do you keep a diary of what you eat everyday? My sister had a lot of complaints aswell and was told to cut out all diary products, which has helped her a lot. Maybe try analyzing what you are eating as this may be causing some reaction in your tummy. Other than that, I’m not sure what your discharge means, if STD’s have been ruled out then it’s a bit of a mystery. I know money is always tight but remember that your health is much more important, maybe go to a GP and get peace of mind about your problems.

Reply to Dee