Question
Posted by: noodle1 | 2007/07/27

symptoms of ms

I HAVE HAD SYMPTOMS OF MS WHICH STARTED ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO AND APPEAR FROM TIME TO TIME, IE NUMBNESS, TINGLING, WEAKNESS, EXTREME FATIGUE, DIZZINESS. I HAVE HAD 3 MRI'S THE LAST ONE 18 MONTHS AGO ALL SHOWING NO LESIONS. FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS MY SYPTOMS HAVE BEEN MORE SEVERE IN THAT THEY ARE MORE NOTICEABLE AND THE NUMBNESS AND TINGLING NOW GOES RIGHT UP BOTH LEGS TO JUST BELOW MY BUTTOCK AREA AND MY DIZZINESS IS ALL PRONOUNCED. I HAVE LOATHE TO REVISIT MY NEUROLOGIST WHO IS JUST KEEN TO PUT ME IN HIGH DOSES OF STEROIDS EITHER ORALLY OR INTRAVENOUSLY. TO DATE HE HAS JUST SAID I COULD HAVE BENIGN MS BUT ITS FRUSTRATING NOT HAVING A DIAGNOSIS - WHERE TO GO FROM HERE?? THANK YOU

Dear Noodle1

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The symptoms that you are experiencing, are definately those of Multiple Sclerosis. I strongly recommend that you get a second opinion from a Neurologist. Unfortunately, the treatment for MS, is high dosages of cortico-steroids.

Kind regards