Question
Posted by: girlfriend | 2004/02/19

symptoms of miscarriage???

Hi all,
I would like to find out from all those who have gone through a miscarriage what symptoms they had just before it happened.I know it is something hard to think about or remember but i really need your help.This morning i discovered while bathing that i had been bleeding at night; like a light period.Not heavily though.I am 13-14 weeks pregnant.The bleeding has stopped but i feel these cramps like my period is about to come.I feel it in my abdomen and lower back and i'm really worried because i have been under alot of stress lately.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

These could be signs of a miscarriage and you should consult your doctor as soon as possible.

2
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/20

Hi had a miscarriage at 11 weeks with no prior warning. No cramps, etc. Just light bleeding and when they checked to scan, baby was no longer moving, etc.
Do not get worried to quickly, though, a friend of mine bled heavily, pad soaked, on two ocassion and delivered a healthy baby girl.
Contact your doctor to arrange for a quick scan to convince yourself that everything is still fine, and confine to bedrest for a day or two.

Let us know!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/02/19

My miscarriage was at 6 weeks, i had severe abdominal cramps and lower backpain and only started bleeding after the miscarriage had already occured. I would have yourself checked by your gynae immediately just to make sure everything is ok. No bleeding in pregnancy is normal and it may be nothing but rather make sure.

Reply to Wendy