Question
Posted by: Zeus | 2004/09/30

symptoms of malaria

Dear Doc,

About a week an a half ago i visited a camp site that might have been infested with malarial pests. I took the precaution of using insect repellent, but i'm afraid i might have still been bitten/stung by a malarial pest.

I haven't experienced physical problems out of the ordinary since returning from the camp site, except for on and off severe headaches and mild tiredness everyday, which i think could be stress related.
Could you please inform me of the symptoms of malaria, that i should be watching out for just incase i am infected.

Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from you soon.

Zeus, the most common initial symptoms are headache, fever, tiredness and sometimes body aches – just like the flu. The easiest would be to have a test done and make sure. Good luck.

1
Posted by: len | 2004/09/30

Hi Zeus,
I also had a bit of a scare with malaria...the symptoms are flu like. . if you do feel like you have flu symptons and didnt take any malaria tablets before hand, I sugest you go to your nearest clinic and get tested

Reply to len