Question
Posted by: sancha | 2004/10/13

Symptoms of Dehydration?

Hey Doc,

i just wanted to know, it's getting rather hot in cape town and for the last two days i've been feeling like my tongue's not producing enough saliva and i have a dry throat and am constantly thirsty. is this dehydration or maybe a sore throat? what are the possible indications of the symptoms of dehydration? will appreciate the clarification. thanx...

Sancha, it sounds like it is just a mild form of dehydration. The symptoms of dehydration depend on the degree of dehydration. It may range from a dry tongue and skin to confusion, kidney failure and even coma and death. Let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.