Question
Posted by: Casandra | 2004/01/15

Symptoms

Please could you advise on the symptoms of endometriosis?

I have terrible pains during menstruation, so bad, that I have fainted a couple of times, furthermore I also have lower back pains from time to time and pain during ovulation. I am constantly tired and the past two months my menstruation was irregular. I also experience pain during intercourse. Please advise, as I am getting worried, as I am only 24!

Some of these symptoms could fit with endometriosis. The symptoms are painful periods ( having said this, many women have painful periods and do not have endometriosis), heavy periods and pain at other times of the cycle. I would suggest that you consult a gynaecologist about this.