Posted by: Another Worried Mommy | 2006/11/15


Jody and Chica is not well. Jody is just over a year and he literally eats everything... Chica is six months and she does everything that Joe does. They are constantly vomiting and it would be appreciated if you could tell me more about bilary.
I also have a problem with the next door naighbours. We have a palisade fence with electrical wiring on top of this fence. Last night my husband undid a peg that was fixed to the electrical wiring... This peg was connected to a wire and a small hole was drilled into the solid fence. The wire was stuck through the palisade to shock my dogs.
Can I do anything?
My dogs are well looked after - when they do go for a walk, they are always on a leash. They don't bark - English Bulldogs tend to be extremely lazy.
Will it really be an offence if I electricute the next door neighbours?
SPCA couldn't really help.
Any suggestions?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberVet

Biliary is a tick-borne disease diagnosed by examing a blood smear. If they are not their usual selves please have your vet check them out. They will require specific treatment if a diagnosis of biliary is made.

I would have expected that your first point of contact would be the SPCA. After all they are there to prevent cruelty to animals. One can also ask the police to look into this if your neighbours will not discuss the subject.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Worried Mommy | 2006/11/15

The wall is skyhigh already but the hedge idea is an excellent one.... Just fill up the backyard completely... My sympathy with you neighbour... I think it's called a 'busy body' and my folks suggested that I should go and speak to my neighbours but in my case, I prefer not too. They are far too common to my liking and I prefer not to get involved with them....

Reply to Worried Mommy
Posted by: jen | 2006/11/15

Take your pets to the vet. It may be nothing but let him tell you that so that you can rest about that matter. When you go to the vet ask him at the same times what the signs are for bilary.

Your neighbours, well join the many of us with the same problem. why is it that neighbours can make ones life hell. I have an old 70..... which is for ever looking over the hedge to see what is going on in my yard. the worst he is up and even if i put a 2 ft wall he is heigh enough to look into my yard still. He hates dogs and I cannot say a word as i have more than what is "should" have. But i have just moved into the house a year ago when i bough the property and he asked if i had dogs and i said yes, and the are little things. He comment was well i hope they are not going to bark at my window all the time. Yes they will because his bedroom is 10 metres away from my yard and he is always looking over into my property. My maid is asked every 2nd day how many dogs have you got. I know that they sleep all day untill a home member comes home and they will give happy little barks and then walk in with us. He feeds the monkeys and i dont want the monkeys and they will kill my 4 legged babies. You cannot win with your neigbor so i am get quotes to at lest put up a 2ft wall or a thick hedge that he cannot peer over and take over our privacy

Reply to jen
Posted by: Another Worried Mommy responding.... | 2006/11/15

I have spoken to the SPCA in Germiston. They are extremely helpful and with their guidance I contacted the local Electrical Engineer requesting that the Metro Council should step in. If they are capable of electricuting my pets, they can also electricute children.
And, just to add flavour to the story, the neighbour works for the Metro Police - yet he doesn't have the gutts to discuss problems which my pets might cause in a mature manner.
My sincere thanks and appreciation for all the valuable input that I have received.

Reply to Another Worried Mommy responding....
Posted by: SUN | 2006/11/15

What an awful neighbour - I wish you could make him feel what it is like to get an awful shock. I think the most common symptoms of bilary are loss of appetite, lethargy and very pale gums but I would visit the vet. Do they vomit up their food? and does it happen all day or after meals? Maybe you should take some vomit to the vet to be examined for poisons - with a neighbour like that you never know what else he could get up to. Does he not like dogs?

Reply to SUN
Posted by: Lan | 2006/11/15

I agree with Acineth and Blaah...take your doggies to the vet... People that are capable of wanting to hurt your dogs by "electricuting" them could be capable of trying to poison them as well. I can't believe that there are so many evil people out there that would try to hurt innocent animals. If they have a problem with the dogs then they must discuss it with you so you can find a suitable solution for all...they are bordering on criminal...

Reply to Lan
Posted by: Blaah | 2006/11/15

I would report your neighbours i am sure what they did to the fence is ilegal

agreed with Acineth.........
i would rush the doggies to the vet.

Reply to Blaah
Posted by: Acineth | 2006/11/15

Take them to the vet. If your neighbour is trying to shock your dogs, then I'd be worried about what's causing the vomiting.

Your best option is to replace the palisade with a wall. Unfortunately removing your neighbour from the gene pool is illegal.

Reply to Acineth

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.