Question
Posted by: gavin | 2004/11/23

swollen/painfull middle toe and back of leg

my middle toe is swollen and very painfull and the back of my leg is also painfull and very stiff especially in the mornings. i was treated for gout 3 times and the pain dissepears but as soon as im of the medication it comes back, i think the pain goes away from the pain killers not the actual medication. im very active (gym) dont have high or low bloud pressure, blood was taken and they reported that everythings normal, im 32, no history of something like this in my family, need help please

Gavin, it is difficult to say for sure from this side of the screen, but it does sound like gout. I suppose there is a small possibility that it is due to something else like a blood clot, but then the pain killers probably wouldn’t have worked. The best would be to see your doctor and have him sort it out for you. If you’re interested in something I wrote on gout you’re welcome to mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.