Question
Posted by: Miss Yende | 2004/01/07

swollen wrist

I wake up with a swollen right wrist, with veins protruding almost every day now. i struggle to move my hand for an hour or so. the swelling extends to close to my elbow. after a while my hand functionality returns. I am unable to take pain killers as it occurs only in the morning and i have not eaten yet.

This does not happen all the time. thought it was because i might be sleeping on my wrist....this is not the case.

Please Help!!

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Miss Yende
Sounds like Carpel Tunnel Syndrome happening to you. The swelling cuts off the nerve impulse of the median nerve in the wrist. You will need to get tested as to what is causing the swelling as it could be local circulation, something up in the neck, or a blocked acupuncture meridian. When I first met my wife she had something like this and we cleared the meridians and all went away - as apposed to wearing a splint and going for surgery!
Douglas