Question
Posted by: naze | 2005/11/24

SWOLLEN TUMMY BUT NOT PREGNANT

MY MOTHERS STOMACH STARTED TO SWELL UP AFTER 2 DAYS OF COMPLAINING OF TUMMY ACHE I TOOK HER 2 THE HOSPITAL BUT THEY HAVEN'T YET DIAGONISED HER WITH ANY DISEASE, SHE IS NOT PREGNANT BUT HER STOMACH LOOKS LIKE SHE IS CARRYING TWINS ITS VERY SWOLLEN WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THAT? SHE HASN'T GONE TO THE TOILET FOR 5 DAYS SHE IS IN HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW PLEASE HELP ME I DONT WANT HER TO DIE

There are many possibilities - bowel problems, urinary or gynae problems. Ask her doctors what the tests have shown.

2
Posted by: ARA | 2005/11/25

It sounds as if your mom is Urinary retention. but it could be anything. Ask the Dr or nurse to put in a cathater. are you at a public hospital or with a private Dr??

hope she feels better

Reply to ARA
Posted by: Tanja | 2005/11/24

Hi Naze,

Please ask them to do Xrays. My mother in law died in April this year, she had exactly the same simptoms. They determined that she had 'n canserous growth on her bladder and she died before they could operate to remove it.

Reply to Tanja