Question
Posted by: Dee | 2020/06/08

Swollen tongue

my tongue tends to swell at times and sometimes lasts for weeks. This is very awkward and worrying particularly at night. What could be the cause?

- 2020/06/13

Hi Dee

This could be an allergic reaction to something that you ingest, or that your tongue comes into contact with. Some anti-hypertensive medications can cause your tongue to swell as well, so if you are on anti-hypertensive medication, or any other chronic medication for that matter, I would suggest that you investigate if this could not be the cause of your tongue swelling. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.