Question
Posted by: zelda | 2003/12/20

swollen thyroid

At my last visit to my GP he said that he thought I had a swollen thyroid but due to the fact he was putting me on a strong antiboitic for my sinus (swollen face, cannot touch me under my eyes it was so bad) he would wait to see before sending me for tests. I feel as though there is something stuck in my throat, have a sore throat and have picked up weight and cannot seem to loose it even though I do not eat much at all. I drink a;ot of liquid (namely coke) and do not sleep very well at night and feel exhausted most of the time. I feel as though I have no energy at all. Please advise.

Zelda, it sounds like you might have an under active thyroid, but the Coke may be partially to blame for the weight problem (sugar) and sleeplessness (caffeine). The best would be to have blood taken for a thyroid function test and find out if the thyroid is to blame or not. Good luck.