Question
Posted by: Siranne | 2008/07/15

Swollen Throat

Hi there. I went through the Head2toe section, but all that is listed there is a sore throat. While my throat is not sore, it feels swollen from the inside (if that makes any sense). Every time I swallow I feel like I am swallowing past something. Even without swallowing, it feels swollen and really uncomfortable.
Any suggestions? I don't have medical aid, and I'm on a really tight budget.

Hi Siranne
Look in the mirror, do you have a swelling in your neck just over your voice box area? Feel if you feel any glands that are swollen or any nodules in the neck? This could be due to enlarged lymphglands or due to thyroid enlargement. Cheapest option would be to let a GP examine you and look inside the throat too. ( even outpatients at a state hospital?)

1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/07/15

It might be your thyriod have it checked out.

Reply to Zexeon