Posted by: Arthur | 2008/10/03

Swollen Testicle

Hi wonder if you can give me some advice. Last night for no apparent reason i got pain in my left testicale today it is sore and swollen. I cant recall getting a knock there. Should I go straight to my GP or see if the swelling goes down over the weekend. What could be the cause of this swelling

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Arthur

Thank you for visiting

If the swelling is accompanied by excrutiating pain, you have to consult your GP immediately. If there is moderate to no pain, it is possible that there is swelling due to infection or torsion of a part of the testis. I suggest that you consult your GP anyway, to have the testis examined to have antibiotics prescribed, in case of infection or an ultrasound of the testis done.

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.