Posted by: Anon | 2012/02/21

Swollen Pile

Since giving birth to my second child I developed a pile. After the birth the pile was large and thrombosed and extremely painful. After a few weeks it went away and I was left with a small skin tag around the anus. This has not given me any problems in about 18 months now however due to a bit of constipation this tag has swollen up and had become a little sensitive. I do not want to go to a doctor. Firstly it is embarrassing and secondly, I want to avoid surgery at all cost. I went to the pharmacy to get some Proctosedyl but I was told I need a script. Please can you recommend another similar treatment that is over the counter.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

You can try Anusol cream in combination with Anusol suppositries. Unfortunately, this product is not as effective as Proctosedyl or surgery. Use Movicol sachets to soften your stools.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.