Question
Posted by: Lynda | 2007/08/06

Swollen painful pelvis

I have been experiencing what feels like severe period pains with a swollen lower abdomen and pain in lower back for a week now. I am not having my periods. I feel nauseous, cold and clammy with severe headaches. My GP said I had a kidney infection and prescribed antibiotics which did nothing. Pain tablets do nothing to subside the pain.

I have been diagnosed with third stage endometriosis and have had a laparoscopy done 2 years ago. I also have a severe hormonal imbalance.

Could you recommend a Gynae on the East Rand who is interested in female problems and not just pregnant ladies??

I do not know the gynaecologists in that area. Your GP should be able to refer you.