Question
Posted by: Mallory | 2005/06/13

Swollen Lymph Nodes/Glands in My Neck

I have some lumps/bumps in my neck - how do I know if these are just swollen lymph nodes or something that should be taken more seriously? When do you know if a lump/bump in your neck is serious? I have also just had a bout of acute sinus, could this be contributing? Lastly - can sinus give you very bloody mucous in your nose? The doc gave me Flixonase. Thanks!

Mallory, if you have an infection in your head and neck area (like you did) it is normal for the glands to swell. Abnormal glands are usually hard and stuck to the surrounding tissues and there is seldom an infection present.
Sinusitis and rhinitis may cause bloody mucous, but if it doesn’t clear up the best would be to see your doctor again. Good luck.