Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2004/01/20

Swollen lymph gland

My 7 year old daughter has a lymph gland in her neck which has been swollen (pea-size) for a few months. My GP seems worried about this. Is there anything to worry about? She had an ear infection recently and the GP felt the gland but it has been like that for quite a while before her ear infection. I have started giving her homeopathic drops to drain her lymphatic system which I am hoping will help but have only been doing this for a few days now.

Please advise.

Expert ImageArchive

Your GP is doing the appropriate treatment. It is advisable to keep careful note of the swollen lymph gland, it may be a response to an underlying throat and ear infection, it also may be a response to a tooth with a cavity so if she has not seen a dentist for a while, this may be a good idea.
If it is just a slight lymph problem the homeopathic drops should work quickly, within 7 days, if not follow it up with the above. Your doctor may be able to give some natural anti-biotics such as goldenseal for her to gargle with to help clear any mouth, throat and ear infection.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)