Question
Posted by: Karin | 2006/07/15

swollen left anckle

I woke up on Monday morning with a stiff left anckle. And only the ankle is swollen. After three day the ankle is no more stiff but still swollen. I am not pregnant and not a diabetic.

I have hurt my left shoulder and a have a pinch nerve in my neck. I also have numbness and tickling feeling in 3 of my fingers in my left hand. It feels if all my joints and bones on my left side is sore. Some days it is fine then you get the days that you just want to stay in bed.

I went to my GP and he subscribe me some pills to relieve from tension and strain

What can be wrong?

Karin

Expert ImageArchive

Karin there is so much that can be at fault here starting with tjhe ankle you dont say if you hurt it or what happened before it got swollen. It can be duu to highblood pressure or heart failure I am only speculating here
The Pinched nerve in your neck the shoulder and hand may all be related to the nerve being pinched in the neck and you really should take this up with the Dr
If all your joints ar a problem on the left side again I suggest that you see your DR

1
Posted by: Karin | 2006/07/17

Thanks for the replay,
No I did not hurt or sprain my anckle. I just woke up one morning and it was stiff and swollen. Yesterday (Sunday) it was terrible sore and swollen and it feel if my anckle and lower leg is getting hot flushes. And there is no colour change of my skin as far I can see.

Well the best is to go to my GP again if there is no improvment in another day or 2

Karin

Reply to Karin