Question
Posted by: kittycat | 2004/02/06

Swollen joints

What medication can you suggest for this? Mum is 84 yrs old her hand is swollen and painful - cannot open it. She says its arthritis - looks more to me like RA.

Expert ImageArchive

Natural Medication for Arthritis is glucosamine and chrondroitin, with SAMe for pain relief. Omega 3,6 oils can also help the body make its own anti-inflammatory, but it takes a while to be effective. Some reports of using MSM, turmeric, or the herb Boswellia are effective for pain relief in Arthritis. I would recommend that your mom consult a Naturopath to look at the whole case, use remedies, hydrotherapy and exercise to help her arthritis.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)

1
Posted by: Chatanika | 2004/04/05

Water on the knee - too much running. Should I try epsom salts?

Reply to Chatanika