Question
Posted by: Waheeda | 2008/05/22

Swollen hands, fingers and arns

Dear Dr. Bets

I have arthritis in my left arm, from the shoulder to the hands. Of late, I have experienced that my arms and hands feel as if they are swollen hard. Happens mostly during the night. Is this related to the arthritis or could it be something else. i do not use anything for it and have never mentioned this to my GP.

Dear Waheeda
Arthritis can cause warm red and sore joints but won't cause swelling of the whole arm. Let your Gp have a look as this may be due to something else like oedema ( oedema can be caused by kidney or heart problems).

3
Posted by: Salomien | 2009/01/15

Hallo my probleem is ernstig, ekt ' n grandpa poeier gedrink gister, toe is ek alergies vir alles wat ' n grandpa bevat my bors het toegetrek, my slukderm was in spasma, my voete en hande was rooi, met klein kolleties op, ekt 6 celetamine pille gedrink vanaf 7uur tot 10uur die aand, teen 12uur het als weer begin reg voel. dis nou die volgende dag al wat ek wil weet is hoekom is my hande so hard rooi, styf en seer?
Dankie wag op u antw.

Salomien

Reply to Salomien
Posted by: waheeda | 2008/06/17

Is Oedema fatal/.curable? I am 33 yr old mother. My dad was diabetic and died of sudden heart attack. My mom is High blood pressure patient who has suffered 3 strokes before.what are the chances that I have EITHER OR BOTH of their sicknesses?
I will see my GP shortly, but is this serious?

Reply to waheeda
Posted by: Waheeda | 2008/05/27

Is Oedema fatal .curable? I am 33 yr old mother. My dad was diabetic and died of sudden heart attack. My mom is High blood pressure patient who has suffered 3 strokes before.what are the chances that I have EITHER OR BOTH of their sicknesses?

Reply to Waheeda