Question
Posted by: Sara | 2007/07/23

Swollen hands

Hi doc,

hope you can help me. On saturday my fiance and i went for a 4.5 KM hike in the mountains (mountains not that high). after the hike both mine and my fiances hands were swollen. it went down after about half an hour, but what causes this? we plan on hiking quite alot and the feeling of swollen hands is uncomfortable so im hoping you can tell me how to prevent it?

Thanks,

Dear Sara

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Your bodies become hot from the excercise and this normally cause your hands and feet to swell. You can prevent this by taking in a lot of liquid.

Kind regards